10 things to do in Las Palmas
If you are a young foreigner and planning to stay in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria for a few weeks or months, you are in for a real treat. The city has so much to offer, from stunning beaches to rich cultural experiences.
As a resident of WiTip House, you are perfectly situated to enjoy everything the city has to offer. Here are ten things you can do to make the most of your stay.
1. Explore Las Canteras Beach
Las Canteras Beach is one of the city’s most famous landmarks.
With its golden sand, crystal-clear waters, and palm tree-lined promenade, it’s a must-visit spot for anyone in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
You can swim, sunbathe, or take a stroll along the promenade and enjoy the stunning views.
2. Take a Surfing Lesson
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a surfer’s paradise, with some of the best waves in Europe. If you’ve never tried surfing before, now is the perfect time to take a lesson.
You’ll find plenty of surf schools in Las Canteras, and the instructors are friendly and knowledgeable.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced surfer, you’re sure to have a great time catching some waves.
Some of the surf schools are:
3. Visit Vegueta
Vegueta is the oldest part of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, and it’s full of historical buildings and cultural attractions.
You can visit the Cathedral of Santa Ana, explore the Canarian Museum, or simply wander the streets and soak up the atmosphere. Don’t miss the opportunity to try some of the delicious Canarian food at one of the many restaurants in the area.
4. Take a Day Trip to Teror
Teror is a picturesque town located just a short drive from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. It’s famous for its beautiful architecture, including the Basilica of Our Lady of the Pine, which dates back to the 18th century.
You can also visit the Teror Market, which sells traditional Canarian products and souvenirs.
5. Enjoy the Nightlife in Triana
Triana is a trendy neighborhood in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria that’s known for its nightlife. You’ll find plenty of bars and clubs in the area, as well as some great restaurants.
Whether you’re in the mood for a quiet drink or a night of dancing, you’re sure to find something to suit your tastes in Triana.
6. Visit the Poema del Mar Aquarium
The Poema del Mar Aquarium is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. It’s home to a wide variety of marine life, including sharks, rays, and sea turtles.
You can walk through the different zones of the aquarium and marvel at the beauty of the underwater world.
7. Take a Day Trip to Maspalomas
Maspalomas is a resort town located on the southern coast of Gran Canaria. It’s famous for its stunning sand dunes, which are a protected natural area.
You can take a stroll through the dunes, sunbathe on the beach, or visit the Maspalomas Lighthouse.
8. Visit the Casa de Colón Museum
The Casa de Colón Museum is located in Vegueta and is dedicated to the history of Christopher Columbus and his voyages to the Americas.
You can explore the different rooms of the museum and learn about the life and times of this famous explorer.
9. Take a Yoga Class
If you’re looking for a way to relax and unwind during your stay in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, why not take a yoga class?
There are plenty of yoga studios near WiTip House, and the instructors are experienced and knowledgeable
10. Have lunch or dinner at one of the many fancy restaurants in the city
If you’re looking for some of the best restaurants in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, you’ll want to head to the Triana-Vegueta area. Here are four top restaurants that are sure to please your taste buds:
- La Tasquita de Nino: This cozy restaurant offers a traditional Canarian menu with a modern twist. The dishes are made with fresh, local ingredients, and the wine list features a great selection of Canary Island wines.
- El Equilibrista: This vegetarian restaurant offers a unique dining experience, with creative dishes that are as beautiful as they are delicious. The menu changes frequently to reflect the seasons and availability of ingredients.
- Los Berrazales: This seafood restaurant is located in Vegueta and offers some of the freshest seafood in the city. The menu features a wide variety of dishes, including fish, shrimp, and octopus.
- Tasca de Bronce: This tapas bar is located in Triana and is famous for its delicious, authentic tapas. The menu includes classic dishes like tortilla española and papas bravas, as well as more unique options like goat cheese croquettes and stuffed squid. The wine list features a great selection of Spanish wines.
As you can see, there are some amazing plans to do in Las Palmas. Feel free to contact us for any question you might have and if you want to join our community at WiTip House.